Milwaukee remembers 106 firefighters who died in the line of duty | News
Milwaukee remembered 106 firefighters who died in the line of duty Wednesday. They did so during a formal ceremony that took place at the quarters of Engine 2 on Wells St.
The ceremony included the reading of a story about one of those fallen firefighters. It was followed by a bell and flag ceremony.
A monument that shows a pair of firefighter boots, a draped jacket and helmet stand outside the Engine 2 quarters. It was created by artist Robert Daus. The monument is meant to not only symbolize fallen firefighters, but also the loss felt by family, friends and fellow firefighters.
You can make a contribution to the Milwaukee Fallen Firefighter Memorial by purchasing a brick that will be placed in the "Walk of Honor." To make a contribution, CLICK HERE.
Upcoming Events near East Side
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Recipient thanks donors at BloodCenter of Wisconsin drive
- 48th Annual St. Patrick’s Day Parade set for Sat., March 15th
- In search of secret buttons at the Milwaukee Public Museum
- Temporary fix fully restores internet to Five O’Clock Steakhouse
- Northwestern Mutual narrows contractor candidates for expansion